Questions you may have before you own a Rabbit Air
- Which Rabbit Air model do you recommend for me?
- Our recommendation for you will vary depending on your air quality issues, desired coverage size and what types of pollutants you most concerned with. Please give us a call on our toll free number to speak with one of our friendly consultants.
- What is the difference between the BioGS and MinusA2?
- The main difference between the BioGS and MinusA2 is that the MinusA2 has 2 additional filters and you can customize your filter system to increase cleaning efficiency for certain types of pollutants for added efficiency. The MinusA2 is also wall-mountable for those who wish to save on space. Other value added features include mood light relaxation and light detection sleep mode. To find out more about the differences, Please click here to view our Rabbit Air comparison page.
- How do I determine which Rabbit Air purifier is best for me in terms of room coverage?
- Room coverage is determined by Air Changes Per Hour. An air change per hour translates to how many times an air purifier can clean a room in one hour.
The ideal air purifier should give you a minimum of 4 air changes per hour for an allergy sufferer and 2 air changes per hour for a non-allergy sufferer (normal residential use). You can use the following Air Changes Per Hour Calculator to determine which Rabbit Air purifier is right for you.
- What type of allergens can your air purifiers remove from the air?
- Our air purifiers can remove a variety of pollutants from the air. The following is a list of common air pollutants that our air purifiers can trap and reduce:
- Chemical substances
- Common household odors
- Cooking odors
- Dust Mites
- Exhaust gas
- Greenhouse gases (NOx & SOx)
- Particles that can carry viruses
- Pet hair
- Pet dander
- Pet odors
- Tobacco smoke
- What is the difference between the MinusA2 Asthma and Allergy Friendly™ Air Purifier and MinusA2 air purifier?
- There is no difference with the air purifier itself, although the MinusA2 Asthma and Allergy Friendly™ Air Purifier has been certified by the Asthma and Allergy Friendly™ Certification Program to show that it is both asthma and allergy friendly for our customers. A portion of the cost difference goes towards the Asthma and Allergy Friendly™ Certification Program, which is the oldest and largest not-for-profit, asthma and allergy patient advocacy organization in the world.
When you purchase a MinusA2 Asthma and Allergy Friendly™ Air Purifier, you will automatically receive the Odor Remover customized filter. This is the specific customized filter our Rabbit Air team chose to use while we conducted the testing with the Asthma and Allergy Friendly™ Certification Program. If you wish to choose another customized filter, please purchase our standard MinusA2 air purifier where you will have a choice of 4 customized filters to choose from.
- Can I choose more than one customized filter for my MinusA2?
- When you purchase a MinusA2 air purifier, we give you the option to choose one customized filter. You can only fit one customized filter inside the MinusA2 at one time, although you are more than welcome to purchase additional customized filters on the side to switch them out as needed.
Besides the customized filter, there are 4 other filters inside the MinusA2 that can trap and reduce germs, odors, pet allergens and toxins. The job of the customized filter is to enhance the effectiveness of the air purifier in one specific area (e.g. odors) while still being able to trap other common allergens and odors.
- Do your air purifiers emit ozone?
- All of our air purifiers have been tested to comply within the ozone safety requirements set forth by California Air Resources Board. Our MinusA2 emits zero ozone on all speeds once you have turned off the Negative Ion Generator. An amount of 0.002 ppm (parts-per-million) was recorded at low fan speed of our MinusA2 with the negative ionizer turned on. That is 25 times less than the 0.05 ppm maximum ozone concentration safety standard set forth by the California Air Resources Board. For our BiogS 2.0, an amount of 0.001 ppm (parts-per-million) was recorded with negative ionizer turned on. That is 50 times less than the 0.05 ppm maximum ozone concentration safety standard set forth by the California Air Resource Board.
- What are negative ions? How do they affect our health?
- Negative Ions are odorless, tasteless, and invisible molecules that we inhale in abundance in certain environments. They are found near mountains, waterfalls, and beaches. Some research studies show negative ions help to alleviate depression and boost mental energy. They can also latch onto particles and help weigh them down.
- How often do I have to replace the filters in my BioGS Rabbit Air purifier?
- Based on 24 hour use and average indoor air quality, we suggest that you replace the BioGS HEPA filter every 18 months and the Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon filter every 3 years. The Pre-Filter is permanent and washable. It does not have to be replaced.
Filters Replacement Cleaning Pre-Filter Permanent/Washable 3 months BioGS HEPA Filter 1.5 Years-24/7 use
3 Years-12/7 use
3 months Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter 3 Years-24/7 use
6 Years-12/7 use
- How often do I have to replace the filters in my BioGS 2.0 Rabbit Air purifier?
- Based on 24 hour use and average indoor air quality, we suggest that you replace the BioGS HEPA filter and the Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon filter every 18 months. The Pre-Filter is permanent and washable. It does not have to be replaced.
Filters Replacement Cleaning Pre-Filter Permanent/Washable Every month Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter 1.5 Years-24/7 use
3 Years-12/7 use
3 months BioGS HEPA Filter 1.5 Years-24/7 use
3 Years-12/7 use
- How often do I have to replace the filters in my MinusA2 Rabbit Air purifier?
- Based on 24 hour use and average indoor air quality, we suggest that you replace the Medium filter, BioGS HEPA filter, Customized filter and Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon filter once a year. These 4 filters come in our MinusA2 Filter Replacement Kit. The Pre-Filter is permanent and does not have to be replaced.
Filters Replacement Cleaning Pre-Filter Permanent/Washable Every Month Medium Every 12 Months* Not Required BioGS HEPA Every 12 Months* Not Required Customized Every 12 Months* Not Required AC Charcoal Every 12 Months* Not Required
- Is it safe to use my credit card?
- Definitely! You can safely enter your credit card number via our secure server, which encrypts all submitted information. Thanks to our super-secure server and all the careful measures we take to protect your information, we believe that every transaction you make on Rabbit Air will be 100% safe. The truth is, you're safer shopping online with Rabbit Air than you are using your credit card at the mall, and better yet-you don't have to leave home. For more details on this important topic, please check out our security statement.
- What credit cards do you accept?
- We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover.
- Are there other ways to pay?
- We also accept Paypal, Money Orders, Cashier Checks, Direct Wiring Transfer in addition to all the major credit cards. Please contact our Customer Care Team if you would like to arrange for any alternative payment options.
- Do I have to pay sales tax?
Sales tax will be charged only on orders shipped within California and New York. Shipments to addresses outside of California and New York will not be charged sales tax.
All orders shipped to Canada will be charged GST/HST taxes.
Additional sale taxes will apply for orders shipped to Manitoba.
Orders shipped to British Columbia, Saskatchewan or Quebec may be subject to additional PST /QST. Rabbit Air will not collect this tax with your order, please self-assess and remit tax due as necessary.
- Do you accept Purchase Order?
- We accept purchase orders from federal and state government agencies, public and private schools, and business organizations. Some orders may require approval from our accounting department. Please contact our Customer Care Team if you would like to pay by purchase order.
- Do you offer a payment plan?
- We do not offer a payment plan directly, although you are welcome to utilize Bill Me Later available through PayPal. During PayPal checkout on our website, you can select Bill Me Later as your payment option.
For more information on Bill Me Later, please click here.
- How much does it cost to ship an air purifier?
48 US Contiguous States and APO/FPO with US zip code :
- Free ground shipping on all orders.
Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico :
- $30 USD
All other countries and APO/FPO with non-US zip code :
- Please contact our Customer Care Team for more info.
- What are my shipping options?
48 US Contiguous States and APO/FPO with US zip code :
Approximate Shipping Time Shipping Cost for each air purifier Ground Within 5 business days Free UPS 3 Day Delivery 3 Business Days Add item to cart and enter zip code on My Cart to check cost. UPS 2nd Day Delivery 2 business days Add item to cart and enter zip code on My Cart to check cost. UPS Next Day Delivery 1 business day Add item to cart and enter zip code on My Cart to check cost.
Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico : UPS (3-5 business days) - $45
Canada :UPS International Delivery (6-11 business days) - USD $30.
All other countries and APO/FPO with non-US zip code : Please contact our Customer Care Team for more info.
- Do you ship outside the US?
- Besides Canada, we do not ship to most countries outside of the US due to the high shipping costs and the unavailability of a service center in the rare case of a defect. To find out if we can possibly ship to your country, please contact our Customer Care Team and we'll be happy to help you arrange your international shipment.
- How can I track my order?
- As soon as each package leaves our warehouse, we'll send you an e-mail to let you know it's on the way. At that time, you'll receive a tracking number for either UPS or the US Postal Service, depending on which carrier was used to send it. International customers will receive a tracking number from UPS or USPS. You can use this number to track your package online at www.UPS.com or www.USPS.com UPS allows you to track your shipment en route, but the US Postal Service will only confirm the delivery date and location.
- Has my order shipped yet?
- As soon as we ship your order, we'll send you an e-mail to let you know it's on the way. You can also check the status of an order by the tracking number on the e-mail.
- When will my order arrive?
- Once you get the e-mail from us telling you that your shipment has left our warehouse, you can figure that packages sent via Ground Shipping should take approximately 5 days to arrive.
Our shipping days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, so please be aware that all Air orders must be placed by 2PM, Pacific Standard Time, to be shipped the same business day.
- My package should have arrived by now, but it hasn't. What do I do?
- If your package is late in arriving, please double-check the status of your shipment using the tracking number provided to you through e-mail. You can use this number to track your package online at www.UPS.com or www.USPS.com depending on which carrier was used to send your package.
If you've double-checked the tracking status and you're still wondering where your package is, don't worry, you're not in the Twilight Zone. Simply contact our Customer Care Team by email or call us at 1-888-866-8862 and we'll be happy to help you solve the mystery.
Changing or Canceling an Order
- Can I change or cancel an order once it's been placed?
- Yes, but please call our Customer Care Team's toll-free number 1-888-866-8862 ASAP! Our representatives are here 24/7 to assist you. In an effort to ship orders as quickly as possible, there is a relatively small window of time in which changes to an order can be made - once an order is sent to our warehouse for processing, it's too late. In this case, simply return the shipment.
Return and Exchange
- What is your return guarantee?
- Although our return rate is low, sometimes our air purifiers do not work out for customers. You can return or exchange an air purifier or any accessory* within 90 days of delivery as part of our 90-Day Money Back Guarantee and Free Returns.
- Free returns are only valid for customers in the contiguous United States (excludes AK, HI, and PR)
Once our team has received and inspected the returned product, we will either provide a full refund or proceed with an exchange.
- Items returned that are not in a "like-new" condition may be subject to restocking fees.
- Please note that replacement filters are not returnable if the wrappings are removed.
- How do I return an item?
- 1. Please contact our Customer Care Team at 888-866-8862 to get a Return Authorization Number and a free prepaid return label. No returns will be accepted without our return authorization number.
2. We will also provide you with the appropriate address for your return.
3. For customers within Canada, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, please ship the product back to us via UPS, Fedex, or USPS, and we STRONGLY recommend that you insure the package. This protects you in case the shipment is damaged or lost in transit. Remember, we can only credit you for items received back in our warehouse. Once we have received your package, we will inspect the faqconts. If the product is in satisfactory condition we will refund the appropriate amount to the credit card you used for your original purchase.
- I returned an item, but I haven't received a credit yet. What should I do?
- Once we receive your return and have inspected the returned product (typically between two to three business days of receipt), your refund request will be processed immediately. A credit will be automatically applied to the original method of payment within seven business days. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional two to ten business days after your credit is applied for it to post to your account.
In the case of returns sent from APO/FPO addresses, the military handles the delivery, so we are unable to estimate the shipping time back to us. Usually these returns take a little longer than normal, so please be patient.
If it's been over 6 weeks and you still haven't received a credit, please contact our Rabbit Air Customer Care Team and we will determine out what may be causing the delay. Our customer support team can be reached at Customerservice@rabbitair.com or by our toll free number, 1-888-866-8862.
- What happens if my Rabbit Air purifier becomes defective?
- Although defects are rare, we stand by our product by offering a 5 Year warranty on all parts and labor along with free shipping both ways. Please call our Customer Care Team on our toll free number for troubleshooting options and for more information on how to proceed with a warranty. Our toll free number is 888-866-8862.
- I'm having trouble getting my purifier to work.
- Please refer to the troubleshooting table in the owner's manual. The table should be able to solve most problems you have concerning the product. If problems remain unsolved, please contact our Customer Care Team for further assistance.
- What is covered under the 5 year warranty?
- Parts, labor and shipping within the contiguous 48 states are fully covered by Rabbit Air in the case of a manufacturer's defect. Filters and accessories are not covered by the 5 year warranty.
- How much is shipping to Canada?
- Shipping Method:
UPS International Delivery (5-10 business days)
All air purifier models - $30.00 USD per item
Filters and Accessories - $6.00 USD per item
Please Note: Shipping time does not include any delay that may occur at Canadian customs.
Customers will not be charged an additional brokerage/duty or custom fee.
Click this link for additional information about purchasing in Canada.
Air Purifier Technology
- What is the best Mode to operate my air purifier on?
- Both the MinusA2 and BioGS (classic and 2.0) have an Auto Mode feature which allows the air purifier to automatically adjust its fan speeds based on what allergens the Air Quality Sensors (Odor and Particle) detect in the air. For example, if dust is detected by the Particle Sensor, the air purifier fan will change up to a higher fan speed and once the dust is no longer detected, the fan speed will change back down to the lowest speed.
Another way to operate the MinusA2 and BioGS is on Manual Mode, which means you could manually select one of the 5 fan speeds. Once you have manually selected a speed, the air purifier will continue to operate on that fan speed until another one is selected. The higher the fan speed, the more allergens will get trapped on the filter, meaning cleaner air!
- How does an air purifier clean air?
- An air purifier cleans the indoor air by drawing the polluted indoor air into the unit and trapping the particles, allergens and contaminates onto a filter.
- What kind of filter does an air purifier use?
- Most air purifiers use either a HEPA filter or a washable stainless steel collection cell as their filtration medium. Some air purifiers also use a pre-filter to increase the overall filtration efficiency.
- What does HEPA mean?
- HEPA is an acronym of High Efficient Particulate Air. Any true HEPA filter guarantees that the filter will capture airborne particles down to 0.3 microns in size, 99.97% of the time. (Particles smaller than 0.3 microns are still trapped by HEPA filters but effectiveness is reduced to less than 99.97%.)
- What is the difference between a HEPA type air purifier and an ionic type air purifier that uses washable collection grid?
- Even though both technologies are designed to purify air; they don't have a lot in common. One major difference between the two technologies is the filter efficiency. A HEPA type air purifier has much higher filter efficiency than the ionic type air purifier. In addition, most ionic type air purifiers emits ozone, which is a harmful gas that would damage lung tissues.
- What is a BioGS HEPA filter? How is it different from a regular HEPA filter?
- Conventional HEPA filters share a common problem in which allergens such as dust mites and pollens become trapped on the surface and triggers growth of harmful bacteria and odor. The BioGS™ HEPA filter eliminates such problem due to the use of advanced Bio-Engineer fiber material in which it gradually reduces the allergens such as pet dander, dust mite and pollen on the filter. In addition, clogged filters decrease the efficiency of conventional HEPA air purifiers by trapping and collecting particles and allergens in the filter. After a prolonged period of time, filter efficiency drops dramatically. Whereas the BioGS™ HEPA air purifier has the capacity to reduce allergens on the filter thus the filter efficiency maintains at the highest level during the filter life.
- Should I run my air purifier continuously?
- To be truly effective, ALL air purifiers should be run continuously. Scientific research confirms that indoor air pollution rapidly returns to pretreatment levels when an air purifier is turned off.
- What does the CADR rating mean?
- To clean an entire room, all of the air in the room needs to pass through the air cleaner's filter. Air cleaners are rated by the amount of air moving through the filter. This rate is called CADR or Clean Air Delivery Rate. CADR measures the amount of particle-free air being delivered into the room. The higher the CADR rating, the larger the room size that an air cleaner can clean.
- What does ACH mean?
- An air change per hour translates to how many times an air purifier can clean a room in one hour. For example, 2 air changes per hour shows that an air purifier can clean a room once every 30 minutes. An allergy and asthma sufferer needs at least 4 air changes per hour, which means an air purifier can clean a room at least once every 15 minutes.
- Do I have to worry about the annual operating cost of an air purifier? If the answer is yes, how do I determine the annual operating cost of an air purifier?
- It is very important to know the annual operating cost before you purchase an air purifier. It would be expensive to operate an air purifier if the filter replacement cost is high and the unit is not energy efficient. You can determine the annual operating cost of an air purifier by adding up the annual electricity cost and the filter replacement cost.
*Annual Electricity Cost = Power Consumption of the unit (Watt) x Rate of Electricity ($/kWh) x Hours of operation (hr)
To estimate the electricity cost of running a Rabbit Air purifier, please use this calculator.